7 day itinerary - On the Lefkas Round
Lefkada is a Greek island in the Ionian Sea on the west coast of Greece, connected to the mainland by a long causeway and floating bridge. Some scholars suggest that Lefkada was Homer's Ithaca, and the palace of Odysseus was located west of Nydri on the south coast of the island.
The area of Apollonia's municipality had been inhabited at the very early days, as this is proved by some limited findings of Paleolithic and Neolithic period (3.500 BC) which were discovered from the excavations of the archaeologist Wilhelm Dorpfeld. In the valley of Vassiliki, the Archaelogical Service has discovered ancient archaeological ruins (ruins of towers), which probably belong to an ancient town and to the places of Marmara, Pyrgi, Klismatia, Marantochori. To the Cape of Doukato or Lefkata construction ruins and architectural parts Apollo Lefkata’s temple are located. This sanctuary was widely famous in the ancient world.
Discover Our Fleet: Explore More About Our Sailing Program.
DAY 1 - LEFKADA TOWN
Welcome to the beautiful island of Lefkada! Get ready to explore its charming capital, Lefkada Town. Begin your day with a sightseeing tour of the town and immerse yourself in the local culture. After that, join us for a briefing and video presentation about the island of Lefkada and the route of our cruise.
Next, we'll visit the archaeological museum of Lefkada and learn about the fascinating history of the island. After working up an appetite, enjoy a delicious lunch at a local restaurant.
In the afternoon, we'll check-in and settle into our accommodations on board the ship. Join us for a welcome meeting on the boat where we'll present the general project and cruise plan. As the day comes to an end, enjoy a mouthwatering dinner with a sea view and experience the vibrant nightlife of the island.
DAY 2 - MEGANISI - VATHI
Wake up to the sound of waves and the beautiful sunrise over Lefkada. Today, we'll sail to Steno Nydri and then continue our journey to the legendary Scorpios Island, where you'll have the opportunity to take a refreshing dive in the crystal-clear waters.
After working up an appetite, indulge in a scrumptious lunch on board. We'll then set sail for Meganisi island, where we'll spend the evening in the picturesque port of Vathi. Enjoy a delicious dinner and take in the beautiful scenery before returning to the boat.
DAY 3 - BEACH DAY
Today, we'll head to one of the most beautiful beaches in Greece, Agiofylli. We'll make a few stops along the way for swimming and other activities. After working up an appetite, join us for lunch on board.
In the afternoon, we'll watch a video about pottery and discuss the following activity. Get creative and try your hand at pottery-making! Afterward, we'll set sail for Sivota and watch a video about ancient Greek food. Get ready to experience a unique dinner on board, inspired by the flavors of Ancient Greece, including a wine tasting experience.
DAY 4 - KEFALONIA ISLAND
Today, we'll sail to the nearby beaches of Kefalonia island, stopping along the way for a refreshing swim. After working up an appetite, enjoy a mouthwatering lunch on board and take a well-deserved rest.
In the evening, we'll arrive in the port of Fiscardo and explore the town's charming sights. Take some time to explore the local shops, bars, and restaurants. Enjoy a night out and spend the night on board the boat.
DAY 5 - KEFALONIA & ITHACA ISLAND
Today, we'll focus on environmental awareness and sustainability. We'll sail from Fiscardo to Aetos Alalkomenes for a Microplastics activity. Afterward, we'll visit the magnificent Melissani Cave and take a refreshing dive in its crystal-clear waters.
Enjoy a delicious lunch on board and indulge in an olive oil tasting experience. We'll then set sail for the stunning island of Ithaca, where we'll enjoy dinner in a seaside tavern. Spend the night on board the boat.
DAY 6 - ANCIENT OINIADES
After breakfast on board, the boat will set sail from Vathi towards Astakos. From there, you will take a drive to the ancient site of Oiniades. This archaeological site is a hidden gem of Greece and is relatively less visited, but it has an immense historical significance. You will have the opportunity to explore the ruins of this ancient city, which was founded in the 6th century BC and was an important center of commerce during the classical period.
After the visit, you will head to a small, picturesque tavern where you will have lunch and enjoy some traditional Greek dishes. You can also take some time to relax and soak in the stunning surroundings.
In the afternoon, you will return to Astakos, where you can take some time to explore the town and its charming surroundings. In the evening, you will have dinner at a local restaurant, where you can savor some delicious Greek food and enjoy a night out. You will then spend the night on board.
DAY 7 - RETURN TO LEFKADA
After breakfast on board, you will set sail from Astakos back to the island of Lefkada. On the way, you will stop at a beautiful spot for a swim and to enjoy the crystal-clear waters of the Ionian Sea. You can also take some time to relax on the boat and soak in the stunning surroundings.
You will then have lunch on board before arriving back in Lefkada, where your journey began. This will be your last chance to enjoy the beauty of this magical island and to say goodbye to your fellow travelers and crew.
In the evening, you will have a final discussion of the trip and fill out an evaluation form to share your feedback. You can also take some time to exchange contact information with your fellow travelers and crew members.
Overall, this itinerary is designed to give you an unforgettable experience of the Ionian Islands. You will have the opportunity to explore some of the most beautiful and historically significant sites in the region, sample delicious Greek cuisine, and soak in the natural beauty of this stunning archipelago.
1. Sightseeing of Lefkada Town
2. Visit to the Archaeological Museum of Lefkada
4. Accommodation on board and welcome meeting
5. Dinner at a restaurant with a sea view and night out in Lefkada Town
6. Sailing to Steno Nydri and Scorpios Island, stopping for a dive
7. Lunch on board and departure to Meganisi island
8. Dinner in the port of Vathi, Meganisi
9. Departure for Agiofylli beach and swimming stops
10. Video about pottery and discussion of the following activity - Pottery activity
11. Departure for Sivota and video about ancient Greek food, discussion of the following activity - Dinner on board with ancient Greek food and wine tasting
12. Departure from Sivota to nearby beaches of Kefalonia Island, small stops for a swim until lunch
13. Lunch on board and rest
14. Sightseeing of the port of Fiscardo, Kefalonia Island and night out
15. Sailing from Fiscardo to Aetos Alalkomenes, Microplastics activity
16. Visit to Melissani Cave and stop for a dive
17. Lunch on board and olive oil tasting experience
18. Departure from Melissani Cave to Sami and sightseeing in the town
19. Sailing from Sami to the island of Ithaca and dinner in a tavern with a sea view
20. Departure from Vathi to Astakos
21. Driving from Astakos to the archaeological site of Ancient Oiniades
22. Visiting the archaeological site of Ancient Oiniades and lunch in a small, picturesque tavern
23. Dinner in the port of Astakos and night out
24. Final sailing from Astakos back to the island of Lefkada with a stop for a swim
25. Final discussion of the trip and evaluation form